Mukti USA team formed a new board with a tenure starting 20th February 2023 through 20th February 2025. The board members were selected through the Annual General Meeting organized on 20th February 2023 at 7 pm PST (Pacific Standard Time).
The five attendees were Mr. Bani Maiti, Mr. Rajib Mitra, Mr. Biplab Chattopadhyay, Mr. Jay Karmakar, and Mr. Subhankar Basu. Two members, Mr. Sanjay Munsi and Mr. Ritesh Sealwere in absentia. All unanimously voted to elect the new leadership team on board for Mukti US.
The proposed new office bearers are Mr. Bani Kumar Maiti (President), Mr. Rajib Maitra (Treasurer) and Dr. Suchandra Brahma (Secretary).
The proposed charter for 2023-2024 has been unanimously agreed upon, is as follows:
– “A View” – Rehabilitation of mentally challenged women (Project Champion: Suchandra Brahma)
– “Prerana” – Audio Books for the visually impaired (Project Champion: Rajib Maitra)
– Integrated Development of the villages under Sahara GP, Egra Block of Purba Medinipur district in West Bengal (Project Champion: Bani Maiti)
– “Pathshala” – comprehensive science-based education in Bankura (Project Champion: Biplab Chattopadhyay and Sujoy Saha)
– “IGNITE”: Retrain, upskill, and create micro-entrepreneurs, targeting students not covered under Mukti’s TalentedStudent Sponsorship project (Project Champion: Jayanta Karmakar)
2. Establish connections and raise funds:
– Outreach to Mukti’s established network of donor Bengali associations in the US.
– Outreach to Mukti’s established network of donor and partner organizations (Asha, AID, DFW, MaitreePDX, etc.) in the US.
– Expand corporate matching donations (new initiatives included) through Benevity.
– New model of outreach: Build upon the general appreciation that Mukti USA’s activities have received. Tell the story of Mukti USA’s work (past and present) to create engaged volunteers and well-wishers in the community. Aim to expand the number of serious members and supporters in this way. This will be the most valuable asset for the organization, and funds (including corporate matching funds) will be a fallout of this. Do not make fundraising the primary goal.
– New approaches to spread the work – employ technology to share Mukti USA’s story for a broader outreach.
– Website is the gateway to all activities. Mukti USA needs to build a 21st-century gateway with easy navigability to help people understand their work. In that context, recognize the need for a 45-second snapshot.
– As global citizens, Mukti USA’s team can also leverage and participate in global activities as part of Mukti. For example, collaborations such as Red Cross, can play a meaningful role during global crisis management. This will render credibility to Mukti as a truly global organization.
– Near Term: NABC 2023 is around the corner on the east coast of USA. Will the Mukti team participate as they did in 2022? This can help establish stronger ties with Mukti’s donors and well-wishers on the east coast.
– Add Mukti US BoA account access for the new board.
– Add Mukti US PayPal account access for the new board.
– Add Mukti US Benevity account access for the new board.
– Update registered address to the new board-determined location.
– California 501c3 compliance activities are to be continued by the new board.
– IRS 501c3 compliance activities are to be continued and updated by the new board.