● Involves plantation of four types of mangrove trees and cultivation of dragon fruit, coconut trees, and fruit-bearing trees on the embankment.
● Plantation of napier grass for cattle fodder enhances local resources and sustainability.
● To mitigates distress migration from rural to urban areas by protecting livelihoods and the environment.
● To empower the community through the engagement of Self-Help Group (SHG) members in riverbank protection efforts.
● To provide livelihood opportunities for local SHG women, ensuring economic stability.
● To raise environmental awareness among the local population, fostering a sense of responsibility towards ecological preservation.
● It aligns with Sustainable Development Goals 1, 2, 5, 13, and 8 for holistic and sustainable development.
● To involve women from MCDF in vegetation planting and maintenance.
● To create sustainable and resilient solution for safety, livelihoods, and well-being of Sundarbans communities.