Mukti participated in a 2-day residential capacity building workshop on Casework, hosted by the Shahoshini project at the Indian Institute of Training and Development (IITD) in Kolkata. The workshop gathered 23 Shahoshini members, all driven to enhance their skills. The aim was to define the criteria for an effective community case worker and explore key….View More
The “Sahosini” project is an initiative by Kolkata Foundation, jointly developed and implemented in collaboration with Mukti under their shared guidance. Since last February, ‘Smayam,’ the training partner of the ‘Sahosini’ Project, has been diligently equipping Sahosini Project members with essential knowledge of gender dynamics, patriarchy, power dynamics, and violence. These intensive training sessions have….View More
Members of the Amplifying Community Voices (ACV) project’s Participatory Action Research Group have been diligently investigating pressing issues within their respective areas. Armed with a profound understanding of these challenges, they take proactive measures to address them, collaborating with local organizations, NGOs, and even government entities. In the Herembagopalpur Gram Panchayat, the ACV group has….View More
In the village of Kuyemuri in Sundarbans, there exists a local action research group known as the “Bandh Bachao Committee.” Their dedicated efforts over the past 6-7 months have focused on safeguarding the delicate river embankments of Sundarbans. Among the various proposals they have put forth to naturally preserve these embankments, one notable suggestion is….View More
As a part of the Amplifying Community Voices (ACV) project, Mukti organized two meetings on May 11th, 2023, at Haremgopalpur and Kuemuri villages. These meetings aimed to enhance the relationship between parents and children, specifically targeting adolescent boys. Accordingly, the meeting was attended by 30 adolescent boys. Following a participatory approach, the participants were engaged….View More
Mukti organized a training session at Raidighi for 29 women involved in the Sahosini Project, on May 11th and 12th. The project “Sahosini” is a Kolkata Foundation initiative, developed in collaboration with Mukti and being implemented under the joint guidance of both organizations. The training was facilitated by two trainers from Swayam, the training partner….View More
Mrs. Pramila Mondal, a member of Amplifying Community Voices (ACV), has made a significant impact on her community by increasing the accountability of local duty bearers to address drinking water issues through community-led advocacy. Living in Herembogopalpur GP of South 24 Parganas district, she witnessed the villagers facing a terrible drinking water crisis due to….View More
The organization “National Center of Advocacy Study” is a consortium member of the Amplifying Community Voices (ACV) project. This organization is helping Mukti with the initiation of community-led advocacy on various relevant issues. Since there are diverse approaches being followed by various groups to tackle the widespread issue of fragile river embankments in the Sundarbans,….View More
Mukti organized an induction meeting for “Sahosini” members on the 19th and 20th of April 2023 at the Raidighi Mukti office. It was a capacity-building workshop on women’s rights, gender discrimination and violence. “Sahosini” project is a Kolkata Foundation initiative, developed in collaboration with Mukti and being implemented under the joint guidance of Mukti and….View More
● In areas marked by poverty and social injustices, particularly against women and children, understanding rights is crucial. It can lead to an empowered society where everyone can participate in decision-making processes.
● The livelihoods of the inhabitants are increasingly at risk due to climate change. Being aware of their rights and accessing support services can help them build resilience and ensure sustainable development.
● Knowledge of rights is essential to address serious social adversities like human trafficking and forced migration. This awareness can act as a preventive measure and provide recourse for victims.
● Women’s empowerment can be significantly boosted if they are aware of their rights. It allows them to identify and act against instances of gender discrimination and violence.
● Rights of visually impaired individuals are often neglected, resulting in limited educational opportunities. By spreading awareness about their rights, we can ensure inclusive growth and learning opportunities.
● Disaster-prone regions require effective response mechanisms. When communities know their rights, they can demand timely and efficient assistance during calamities, reducing losses and speeding up recovery.
● To educate individuals, especially women, children, and marginalized groups, about their fundamental rights to ensure social justice and prevent discrimination.
● To create awareness and provide resources to help communities withstand and adapt to climatic changes impacting their livelihoods, ensuring long-term sustainability.
● To provide resources and strategies to combat social issues like human trafficking and forced migration, fostering safer communities.
● To empower women by training them to identify and respond to instances of gender discrimination and violence, promoting gender equality.
● To ensure visually impaired individuals have access to appropriate learning resources and support, promoting inclusive education and opportunities.
● To improve community preparedness for natural disasters by educating residents about their rights to aid and support, thereby facilitating efficient recovery and response efforts.
North 24 Pgs, South 24 Pgs, Howrah, East Medinipur and West Medinipur districts of West Bengal, India
A dedicated implementation team is involved in the successful delivery of the programs. Each project has a dedicated project coordinator and field supervisor who are actively engaged in the project’s implementation. A Program Lead oversees and monitors the project on a weekly basis and provides regular reports to the funding agency according to the required format.
Email : email@example.com
Phone : +91-6290589664
22 Canal Side Road, Barhans, Garia, Kolkata – 700 084