Mukti, in collaboration with the Shyama Prasad Mookherjee Port in Kolkata, installed one elevated tube well each in Shunia and Sahara villages, located within the Sahara Gram Panchayat under the Egra Block of Purba Medinipur district. Each elevated tube well is equipped with a 1,000-liter water tank and an electric boring machine. They were….View More
Ms. Ambika Sukumar, Senior Associate at “Jagran Pehel,” visited Mukti Gram PurbaSridharpur on September 17, 2023, to explore Salicornia, also known as Zero grass, which thrives in Sundarbans saline river embankments. The visit was part of the collaboration between Mukti and Jagran Pehel to evaluate Salicornia’s standing as a functional food source and a potential….View More
In August 2023, Mukti and “Chhaya Prakasani” joined forces to establish a much-needed library and computer center in Sahara GP, within Purba Medinipur district’s Egra Block. Mr. Arindam Paul – the Associate Marketing Manager of “Chhaya Prakasani” –formally inaugurated the library on 8th September 2023 in the presence of around 35 attendees, including members of….View More
Mr. Partha Mitra, the President of the “Agomoni” organization based in the San Francisco Bay Area, USA, visited Mukti on August 26th and 27th, 2023. His primary aim was to connect with the students of the Mukti-AgomoniKishalaya School in Kultali, South 24 Parganas, and the members of the Mukti Community Development Fund (MCDF) in the….View More
On the 18th of July 2023, Mukti made a contribution to environmental conservation and community development by sending a generous shipment of 1000 coconut saplings, as well as flower and fruit tree saplings, to the PurbaMedinipur branch of Mukti. These saplings hold immense potential as they are intended to serve as mother plants in the….View More
● The targeted rural regions lack basic infrastructures like roads, electricity, and clean water facilities, making it difficult for residents to maintain a decent standard of living.
● People have limited access to healthcare services and quality education in rural areas hinders the development of a healthy, informed community, thereby affecting the region’s growth prospects.
● The area suffers from high unemployment rates and limited sustainable livelihood options. This results in poverty and forces many to migrate to urban areas in search of better opportunities.
● Despite the presence of various government schemes for rural development, many villagers are unaware or unable to access these benefits due to bureaucratic hurdles or lack of information.
● There is a significant gap between the aspirations of rural residents and the resources available to them. An integrated development program can help bridge this gap and align resources with community aspirations.
● Rural communities often struggle with social issues like gender inequality and lack of decision-making power among marginalized groups.
● Promoting self-reliance in areas such as education, health, and employment is essential for fostering a resilient, self-sufficient community that is less dependent on external aid.
● To build and improve basic infrastructure such as roads, electricity, and clean water facilities in the rural villages.
● To ensure access to quality healthcare services and education, thereby promoting a healthy and informed community.
● To create sustainable employment and livelihood opportunities in rural areas, thus reducing poverty and migration rates.
● To facilitate easier access and increase awareness of government programs and schemes designed for rural development.
● To bridge the gap between the aspirations of the rural residents and available resources, aligning development initiatives with community aspirations.
● To empower marginalized groups and promote gender equality, ensuring a participatory approach to decision-making within the community.
● To foster self-reliance in key areas like education, health, and employment, encouraging a resilient, self-sufficient community.
● To ensure that all development initiatives are sustainable and do not harm the local environment or deplete local resources.
South 24 Pgs, Howrah, East Medinipur and West Medinipur districts of West Bengal, India
A dedicated implementation team is involved in the successful delivery of the programs. Each project of the said program has a dedicated field coordinator and supervisor who are looking after different projects and are actively engaged in the project’s implementation. A Program Lead oversees and monitors the project on a weekly basis and provides regular reports to the funding agency according to the required format.
Email : email@example.com
Phone : +91-6290589664
22 Canal Side Road, Barhans, Garia, Kolkata – 700 084