• Potable water scarcity is a cumulative problem in the coastal region of India, especially Sundarbans.
• Citizens have to walk long distances and stand in queues for water collection.
• Installation of pipes for clean drinking water from a faraway suburban center has been done, but water lines reaching homes are still pending.
• Climate-induced disasters worsen the situation, leading to increased groundwater extraction
• Mukti installed two 1,000 liter water tanks in Mukti Gram village, one at Mukti Library and another near Ramkrishna Bazar.
• Pump sets and electrical connections were made, and three taps are attached to each tank for easy access.
• Drinking water from these tanks is also used for landscaping purposes.
• Pond water purification system set up in Purboshridharpur village of Sundarbans on a pilot basis.
• Successful implementation of the system leads to plans for implementing this technology in other parts of the blocks.
• The system efficiently turns hard water into soft water, making it suitable for consumption purposes in the long term
• Organization hired a technician for research in the area.
• Identified the need for a smart and sustainable drinking water management solution.
• Timely monitoring and evaluation of the project were conducted by the Board members themselves.
• Mukti initiative to stop water-borne epidemics and provide safe drinking water access.
• Submersible pump installed for 230 families and Water Purifier system for 500+ people in Purba Sridharpur area.
• Rural community now has access to good quality drinking water.
• Reduces chances of water-contaminated diseases in the region
A help to those who need it
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : + 91-6290589664
22 Canal side road, Barhans, Garia, Kolkata – 700 084